Explore 3 of NZ’s Iconic Great Walks in 3 Days
- 4 nights’ accommodation at the 5-star Fiordland Eco-Retreat.
- 3 consecutive days of guided hiking along some of Fiordland’s most scenic and iconic ‘Great Walks’: Kepler Track, Routeburn Track & Milford Track.
- Helicopter flight onto Mount Luxmore.
- 2 hour scenic cruise on Milford Sound.
- Light lunch on each guided walk.
- Private hot tub to help relax your weary muscles at the end of the day.
More than 2 of you? We can create packages for up to 5 people. And better yet, the extra guests stay at the accommodation for free!
Package is subject to availability, between the dates of 1 November – 30 April.
You’ll be hiking with the locally-owned company, Trips & Tramps.
Day 1: Kepler Track Guided Heli-hike
Immerse yourself in the breathtaking beauty of the Kepler Track with a thrilling heli-hike experience!
Picture yourself aboard a helicopter, soaring over the ‘hidden lakes’, before reaching Luxmore Hut, where the walking part of your adventure begins.
You’re sure to be enchanted as you traverse through the alpine tussock fields, relishing in the majestic mountain vistas. You’ll descend through a serene beech forest and hike under towering limestone bluffs, while witnessing how the altitude and varying weather conditions impact upon the quickly-changing trees and undergrowth along the way.
Your hike concludes at the picturesque sandy beach of Brod Bay, where a water taxi will take you back to Te Anau township.
* The day will start with a pre-trip briefing at a local Te Anau café. Your water taxi will arrive back into Te Anau at approximately 5pm.
Minimum 8km walk (800m descent) from Luxmore Hut down to Lake Te Anau, with the option of venturing higher into the alpine area for expansive views. This can add up to 8km of additional exploration, if desired (400m ascent/descent).
Day 2: Milford Track Guided Walk and Boat Cruise
Experience the awe-inspiring beauty of the Milford Track on a guided walk to Giant Gate Waterfall.
From Milford Sound, you’ll take a short boat ride across to Sandfly Point. Your picturesque walk takes you alongside the cascading Arthur River, through lush rainforest, onto the Giant Gate Falls swing bridge, which offers the best view of this spectacular waterfall. Prepare to be captivated by the towering ancient trees, vibrant ferns, and lush mosses, as well as the abundant birdlife that call this idyllic environment home.
On conclusion of your guided walk, your Milford Sound experience will continue with an afternoon 2-hour scenic small boat cruise of the fjord. With both indoor and outdoor spaces on the boat, you can relish in the dramatic landscapes: towering cliffs, thundering waterfalls, pristine glaciers, verdant rainforests, and the iconic pinnacle of Mitre Peak.
* Your day commences at 6:30am in Te Anau township, where you’ll embark on a picturesque 2-hour guided coach drive along the Milford Road, leading you to Milford Sound. You will return to Te Anau at approximately 5.30pm, filled with the most remarkable memories!
Approximate walk 11km (50m ascent / descent).
Day 3: Routeburn Track Great Walk
Prepare to be enchanted as you embark on a guided hike along the Routeburn Track Great Walk.
This journey takes you through lush rainforest, ascending up into the alpine beauty of Key Summit – an area adorned with unique alpine herbs.
Here on the summit, hikers experience panoramic views of snowy mountains, sparkling alpine lakes, and deep, bush-clad valleys, carved out by glaciers.
Lunch is enjoyed either on the summit itself or alongside the picturesque Lake Howden.
Throughout the day, your experienced guide will share their knowledge of the stunning natural environment that surrounds you and the others in your small group.
* Your day starts at 8.45am in Te Anau township, where you’ll board a coach and enjoy scenic stops along the Milford Road, on your way to the start of the Routeburn Track. You’ll return to Te Anau at approximately 4.30pm.
Approximate walk 7km (400m ascent / descent).
Please note: walks on this Fiordland Great Walks package may be arranged in a different order due to weather or operational considerations.
You will need to make your own way into Te Anau township each day (6km along a busy road), so you will need to have your own transport.
All photos above are credited to Trips & Tramps.